The Meharry Microarray and Bioinformatics Core (MMBC) provides state of the art training, instrumentation, services and bioinformatics-driven data analysis to the Meharry Community in microarray experimental design, manipulation, and gene expression analysis.
- Bioinformatics Data Analysis (Data analysis service)
- Bioinformatics data analysis service (Data analysis service) Whenever possible, data analysis is approached as a training opportunity. However, there are times when this is undesirable either due to the complexity of the data (and analysis options) or the wishes of the investigator. In these instances, we do perform data analysis but request the participation of the investigator (particularly in the case of microarray data) as a fundamental understanding of the biology and experiment that can only be supplied by the person who has done the work is required for an appropriate analysis.
- Microarray service (Data analysis service) Experiment design and data analysis for Gene transcription microarray experiments.
- qRT-PCR service (Data analysis service)
- RNA quality analysis service (Data analysis service)
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer (Microfluidics platform) The Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer is a microfluidics-based platform for sizing, quantification and quality control of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells on a single platform. Results are delivered within 30-40 minutes in automated, high quality digital data.
- BioRad iCycler thermal cycler (Real-time PCR machine)
- Nanodrop 1000 Spectrophotometer (Spectrophotometer)