The RCMI Proteomics & Protein Biomarkers Cores at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) are focused on capillary liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC/MS) and -tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS), to identify, characterize, and quantify proteins. The Proteomics Core develops novel methods, while the Protein Biomarkers Core applies these methods to discover and validate novel protein biomarkers of disease. Highly specific and sensitive protein biomarkers offer profound health care benefits for diagnosis and treatment, including understanding and reducing health disparities in minority populations. Moreover, protein biomarkers are promising therapeutic targets for new drugs.
- Matrix Science Mascot Search access (Access service) Includes searchable access to the following reference data: peptide mass fingerprint, sequence query, and MS/MS ion searches.
- LC/MS/MS w/CID and MASCOT DB Searching
- LTQ-Velos-Orbitrap-Elite LC/MS/MS w/HCD and MASCOT DB Searching
- LTQ-Velos-Orbitrap-Elite LC/MS/MS w/ETD and MASCOT DB Searching LTQ
- HRMS w/ molecular mass (and formula) determination
- Ingenuity Pathways
- Bio-Rad ExQuest spot cutter (Spot cutter)
- Bio-Rad Gel Doc XR system (Gel imaging system)
- Bruker microTOFMS system (Time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometer)
- Eksigent nanoLC-2D system (2D microfluidic liquid chromatography system) Includes autosampler.
- Thermo Fisher LTQ mass spectrometer (Mass spectrometer) Includes collision-induced dissociation (CID) and electron-transfer dissociation (ETD).
- Thermo Fisher LTQ Velos Orbitrap Elite mass spectrometer (Ion trap mass spectrometer) Includes collision-induced dissociation (CID) and electron-transfer dissociation (ETD).