The facility offers microscope-based systems that allow the assessment of cellular responses, such as calcium signaling with fast temporal resolution. The facility offers 1) Confocal imaging services; 2) Brightfield, darkfield, phase contrast, Nomarski and epi-fluorescence imaging; 3) High spatial and temporal resolution imaging, 4) Collection of serial sections (Deconvolution capabilities) and 5) Morphometric analysis.
- DIC, brightfield and fluorescence imaging (Material analysis service)
In live and fixed specimens.
- Intracellular Calcium recording in live cells (Material processing service)
- Preparation of specimens (Material processing service)
Service includes: vibratome tissue preparation, fixation, permeabilization and antibody optimization.
- Hamamatsu ORCA-ER C4747-95-12ERG (Digital camera) Leica VT1000S Vibratome (Vibratome) New Brunswick Scientific CO2 incubator (CO2 incubator) Olympus 1X70 inverted microscope
- (Inverted microscope) Olympus BH2 Fluorescence Microscope (Fluorescence microscope) Olympus DP71 microscope digital camera (Microscope digital camera) Olympus Fluoview FV1000 confocal
- microscope (Confocal microscope) Perkin Elmer Wallac 1420 Victor 2 (Scintillation counter) Photometrics CoolSnap HQ CCD Camera (Charge-coupled device camera) Photon Technology
- International spectrofluorometer (Fluorometer) Sutter Lambda 10-2 optical filter (Optical filter) Sutter Lambda DG-4 (Optical filter)